Bioenergy systems & biorefinery
- Gasification of biomass residues to syngas and renewable natural gas in two-stage fluidized beds (Research summary)
- Pyrolysis of biomass to bio-oil and biochar in microwave-assisted pulsed fluidized beds (Research summary)
- Torrefaction for torrefied pellets using pulsed fluidized beds with catalytic combustion of volatile organic compounds. (Research summary)
- Biomass pellets from forest and agricultural residues: supply chain and pretreatment (Biomass website)
- Biofuels for decarbonizing long distance transport in British Columbia (BC-SMART)
- Biorefining Research and Innovation Centre (BRIC)
- China-Canada Bioenergy Centre (c-cbc website)
- Tools for the prediction of alternate biofuels for aerospace applications (Research summary)
- Thermochemical sludge conversion through hydrothermal liquefaction (Research summary)
- IEA Bioenergy Task 39 – Commercializing Conventional and Advanced Transport Biofuels from Biomass and Other Renewable Feedstocks: (Website)
Our projects directly align with Canada’s objective to increase clean tech jobs, develop a bioeconomy to make our resource sector more sustainable, and decarbonize the economy to meet Canada’s GHG reduction targets. The long-term benefits for BC include the increased bio-product industrial sector competitiveness.
We promote joint research, innovation, development and demonstration of bioenergy products and technologies between industry and academia from all over the world.